Server Reliability

Re: Server Reliability

Postby plorange » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Everyone I've talked to seems to be under the impression that anchor query is running on server 1 and therefore runs all minimization on server 2. That's been my modus operandi anyways.
plorange

Re: Server Reliability

Postby dkoes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 pm

plorange wrote:Everyone I've talked to seems to be under the impression that anchor query is running on server 1 and therefore runs all minimization on server 2. That's been my modus operandi anyways.

The anchorquery.ccbb.pitt.edu is Server 1. This is a AMD Opteron with 512MB RAM and a small disk. It's primary purpose in life is to be a webserver, but is currently also performing minimization/scoring. I will try to expand the disk space tomorrow since it was a problem today.

The actual AQ pharmacophore search operation is performed on beefy, a server with 14TB of storage (of which the TRP library takes up 2.5TB) spread across 26 disks with dual 6-core Intel Xeons and 48GB of RAM. For the duration of this assignment it is doing absolutely nothing else other than AQ.

Server 2 is smoothdock, a quad core Intel Xeon with 8GB of RAM and reasonable disk space.

Just use whichever server has a load less than the number of cores. If both are overloaded, use Server 2.
dkoes

Previous

Return to Announcements - Fall 2010